Changes in 3.0.1
- Allowing alternate player models now determined by ruleset
- Ruleset qcon reports the new player model (CapNBubs) as modified
- Changing ruleset or
/allow_scripts now releases all protected keys. Blocks
/con_toggle_deadkey cvar as a workaround for SDL2 deadkey-handling. Should stop first character typed at the console being corrupt when using a keyboard layout where the console toggle key is also an operating system deadkey.
- Bugfix: keyboard operating system layout is used if the program is started and
/cl_onload is set to a console command (was previously set to QWERTY until game started).
/cl_keypad cvar operational again, if set (default) then keypad & basic number keys can be bound independently. If turned off, keypad keys converted to standard keys, bindable as per QWCL.
/gl_loadlitfiles now controls loading of all colored lighting, regardless if from .lit file or stored in the .bsp file. Hidden cvar
- Bugfix: horizontal fov was being increased when
/viewsize caused effective aspect ratio to change.
/scr_fovmode cvar controls how ezquake keeps the fov correct.
/scr_fovmode 0 (default) will use the aspect ratio of the monitor and then crop the image vertically. This matches the approach taken in QWCL
/scr_fovmode 1 will introduce horizontal letterboxing to keep the aspect ratio constant.
- Ruleset qcon now available through menu
- Sound: desired samples available through menu
- “Light Mode” renamed to “Darken Map”
- Bugfix: F2-F12 are now bindable in menu
- Bugfix: When unbinding through menu, only keys that match the command are unbound (rather than all keys starting with the corresponding command)
- Various documentation corrections and updates.
- Bugfix: Various memory leaks patched
/playdemo <longfilename> could crash client
- Bugfix: console background resizes as console width/height changes.
- Bugfix: ambient sound would not change volume if cl_maxfps was sufficiently high (leads to ambient sounds always playing or never playing)
- Bugfix: on Linux systems, keyboard input will be grabbed as well as mouse when
/in_grab_windowed_mouse set. Should stop window manager shortcuts from firing during game.
/connectbr will default to port 27500 if no port specified
- Bugfix: No longer looks for files in root of the current drive if
/userdir is empty
- Windows: can now access https:// server browser sources (libcurl library updated)
- OSX: binary should now be compatible with OSX 10.9